Barclay Water Management, Inc. maintains state-of-the-art research laboratories equipped with modern, sophisticated equipment to support the specialized needs of our customers and our field personnel. We are equipped to perform both routine and specialized testing of water and deposit samples, as well as perform non-destructive metallurgical and failure analyses.
Our research facilities are available for troubleshooting complex problems and developing engineering solutions to these problems. Our main laboratory is located at our corporate headquarters in Newton, MA and is staffed by a team of well-educated, experienced water treatment professionals who know and understand the needs of our customers. We encourage customers and prospective clients to tour our laboratory facilities and meet the members of our technical support staff.
We offer the following laboratory services:
- Classical wet chemistry methods for water and wastewater analyses, as well as deposit composition. These methods utilize spectrophotometry, titration, gravimetric analyses and all conventional qualitative and quantitative analytical techniques.
- Spectro Analytical Inductively Coupled Plasma (ICP) spectrometer for rapid, automated sequential elemental analysis in water and/or deposits.
- Agilent 1200 Series High Pressure Liquid Chromatograpghy for accurate, low level determinations of organic corrosion inhibitors in water samples.
- Metrohm Ion Chromatograph for precise determination of neutralizing amine levels in condensate distribution studies.
- Mettler Toledo automatic titrator for efficient analysis of large volumes of water samples.
- Autocat 9000 Amperometric Titration System for the measurement of chlorine dioxide and its breakdown products.
- Conventional ion exchange resin analyses, including salt splitting capacity, total capacity tests, microscopic examinations, identification of resin foulants and contaminants, resin clean-up recommendations, photomicrography, etc.
- General and specific microbiological determination, including autoclaves, incubators, etc. for measuring both total and differential organism counts in water samples.
- Conventional laboratory analyses of corrosion coupons, using ASTM approved methods for coupon preparation, cleaning and weighing, with computerized reporting. Photo documentation standard.
- Automated product(s) selection tool for the determination of the correct treatment program under various conditions of makeup water quality, temperature, pH and make-up water cycles of concentration.
- Light microscopy – both compound and stereo microscopes with digital photomicrographic capabilities for the examination and documentation of microbiological and other physical specimens.
- Computerized Laboratory Information Management System for sample, database, analytical data collection, archiving and report generation.